Youtube searches are almost always a treasure trove of keywords for digital marketers to up their search game. Though Youtube does not publish a list of the search trends and top searches, Ahrefs publishes a list of top Youtube searches of 2020, the users did on the platform.
The complete list of top Youtube searches of 2020 by Ahrefs is a long and exhaustive one throwing light into some interesting insights. Let’s dive into the top 10!
TOP 10 YOUTUBE SEARCHES WORLDWIDE
- bts (17,630,000)
- pewdiepie (16,320,000)asmr (13,910,000)
- billie eilish (13,860,000)
- baby shark (12,090,000)
- badabun (11,330,000)
- blackpink (10,390,000)
- old town road (10,150,000)
- music (9,670,000)
- peliculas completas en español (9,050,000)
TOP SEARCHES FROM THE United States
- pewdiepie (3,770,000)
- asmr (3,230,000)
- music (2,670,000)
- markiplier (2,380,000)
- old town road (2,040,000)
- pewdiepie vs t series (1,940,000)
- billie eilish (1,910,000)
- fortnite (1,630,000)
- david dobrik (1,610,000)
- jacksepticeye (1,580,000)
- The list provides marketers with deep insights on what users worldwide are searching for and plan how to make use of that for better returns on Youtube marketing.
- People are increasingly turning to Youtube for music
- The word music itself is on the 9th position worldwide and 3rd in the US search volume and the list features gaming and other established Youtubers. .(Gaming seems to have taken a hit on YouTube, thanks to Twitch)
- People are directly searching for the names of their favourite channels and creators.
- This trend could possibly mean it could be challenging for independent channels with lower traffic.
- Youtube’s suggested videos sidebar could be key to the success of channels and creators.